- Formalities Citizen of the European Union: you don’t need any visas on your passport dut you may need a return ticket.
- For nationals outside the European Union: same conditions as per entry into mainland France apply.
- See French Guiana’s government official website for further details.
Culture in French Guiana
- Carnaval Guiana between February and March.
- Nesting sea turtles between April and August.
- Celebrate the Ramboutan in Cacao in April.
- Hmong new year in Roura.
- Launch rocket.
- Master of the paddle (traditional boat race).
- Electrical system: 220 V European standard plug.
- Tap water is of drinking quality along the shore.
- French Guiana stores open Monday to Saturday from 9am to 12.30pm and from 16h to 19h. Grocery stores and supermarkets stay open late (9:30 p.m.) and Sunday from 9am to 12.30pm.
- National holidays : they are identical to those of metropolitan France, in addition to those specific to French Guiana: Wednesday from the ashes in February or March and June 10 (abolition of slavery).
French is the official language, language english is widely understood.
- There are 2 seasons in French Guiana :
- The rainy season (January to February and April to the end of June) between 25 ° and 29 °.
- The dry season (March and July to mid-December) between 30 ° and 35 ° degrees
- Canada : -1 heure in summer / -2 hours in winter.
- Guadeloupe, Martinique : -1 hour.
Airlines companies with direct flight for French Guiana
- Air Caraibes : Daily flights departing from Paris – about 8 hours flight – direct flights.
- Air France : Daily flights departing from Paris (approximately 8h flight) and Fort de France (approximately 2h flight) – direct flights.
- Azul : From Belem and Fortaleza in Brazil – direct flights
- Suriname Airways flights from Paramaribo to Suriname – direct flight
To come in French Guiana, you must provide immunization against yellow fever.
The currency is the euro. Credit card are accepted in the main cities of French Guiana.
From abroad : 00 594 + 6 digit phone number.